Thursday, November 16, 2006

Random thoughts for a Thursday morning

I'm tired.

I don't have to look at the dial to know what station I'm on - all the KFI (AM 640 Los Angeles) news readers sound like Leah Brandon. Brandon sounds like the sister of John Ziegler, who sounds like the kissing cousin of John and Ken, who suckled at the vocal teat of Bill Handel.

When you tune in to KFI, you know it.

I tuned in to AM 870, home of Dennis Prager and Hugh Hewitt and Michael Savage. Same thing. hosts sound like news readers sound like bump announcers.

I tuned into Air America, but the whiplash effect of stroke-inducing rage and narcoleptic boredom is a bad thing to groove on while driving.

Station branding goes deeper than I realized.

2 comments:

Cthulhu said...

another random thought.

I said "I tuned into" a lot.

Did I mention I was tired?

NedraZ said...

Finally.
Nice post,Sulla