Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Food pr0n

I used to joke at restaurants that if the burger I ordered didn't make my arm go numb, I'd want my money back.

I've just met my match: The Heart Attack Grill, in Tempe, AZ.

Not only do they have a "quadruple bypass burger," their waitresses are nurses. Not just ANY nurse, neither: Shannon Tweed candy-striper Showtime After Dark HELLLOOOO NURSE! nurses.

If you FINISH one of the restaurant's cholesterolic WMDs, "Helllooo, Nurse!" will wheel you out to your car.

A director of a nursing advocacy group, Sandy Summers, is outraged - not for the health of the restaurants' "patients" but for the objectification of the "nurses" as smokin' hot dispensers of tender loving care with a heaping side of lard-fried taters.

Priorities. "Eat what you want, Jabba, but keep your eyes to yourself. Perv."

I imagine Summers is a ninja with a tongue depressor.

(hat tip Ace)

5 comments:

Cthulhu said...

Here's an article on the controversy, complete with picture of one of the burgers.

Seriously. My arm goes numb just looking at it.

Anonymous said...

I've always thought that people need to get a grip and get a sense of humor....Love the wheelchair part. The owner is very creative.
I wouldn't mind having just a taste of the biiiiiiiggggg burger.

NedraZ said...

I'll split one with you, Ednurs.

X_LA_Native said...

Dang! That *almost* justifies a roadtrip to Temp...

womanllee said...

I'm going to have to open one of those here in San Diego..I wonder how much a franchise would be?