Monday, December 11, 2006

My boring so-called blog

My co-conspirators at Teh Squeaky Wheel have far better blogs than I do.

They write because they have interesting things to say, independent of Gerbil Nation.

Me, I have the most fun playing off other people. Spouting off on my own blog was never part of my plans; I signed up for this domain name years ago, but I've done squat with it.

I feel like Howie Mandel. "Okay, someone give me an occupation. Okay, now give me a situation. Cool - now give me something funny to do!"

I'm just not funny on command. My humor tends to pop up when least expected...and desired.

Inappropriateness is half the fun. When a tree falls inappropriately in a forest when nobody's around, then it's just wasted effort.

I want to be the tree that falls in the forest, right on top of the Prius parked next to a Hummer. If there's one thing Nature abhors more than a vacuum, it's a smug little hybrid.

5 comments:

NedraZ said...

Ha! I know what you mean!
That's why there is no 'Rabbit" blog!

[channeling Mariposa]
Your blog made teh 'big' roll cause you are a threadboy...Now be funny! DO IT NOW!
[Mari off]

Too much pressure havin' a blog...Yep.

X_LA_Native said...

If there's one thing Nature abhors more than a vacuum, it's a smug little hybrid.
Bwaahahha!
Olive it!

I hear you, and I think you're funny.

Anonymous said...

I discovered that I don't know enough about anything to be interesting....or funny. What a rude awakening....now, hybrid, that's funny...

Petrarchan Motif said...

Sulla - "Blog Envy"? You've read my blog, right? Nope, nothing interesting to see there.

Petrarchan Motif said...

Mari - Shame...Sounds familiar...I've been called a similar word, what was it...Shame-li...no...Shame-la...neh...ShameLESS!!! That's it! Now I remember, I'm shameless.